How strange it seems to be spending World Down Syndrome Day without celebrating in person with our Down Syndrome of Louisville family.
Although we cannot be together in person today, there are many ways we can still spread awareness, advocate and make a difference for DSL together.
One NEW and easy way to share the joy and awareness is by listening to and sharing our new Kindness Warrior Podcast!
The Kindness Warrior Podcast will share stories about individuals with Down syndrome, educate our listeners on topics revolving around Down syndrome, and featuring a special guest or co-host each week who happens to have Down syndrome.
If you love the stories as much as we do, get your your Kindness Warrior Podcast to share the love! Not only will it support DSL but you become a walking billboard for Down Syndrome awareness! Get your swag here.
Another way to celebrate together today is to share pictures of you and your family in crazy socks today and share them on social media! Here is a picture of Mark Hublar and his folks – the stars of KW Podcast Episode 1– wearing their crazy socks!
Finally, DSL needs your support.
As you know, not being able to offer programming face to face will have an emotional impact on our members and a financial impact for DSL. Please consider making a gift to support our Down syndrome community.
Ways to Give:
- Join the “We are in this together campaign” by setting up an online page to support DSL! It’s super simple- Start now!
- Give online TODAY.
- Consider becoming a part of the Kindness Warrior Club and give $21 monthly.
(This option is at the bottom of our donation page.)
- Mail a check to: Down Syndrome of Louisville 5001 S. Hurstbourne Pkwy. Louisville, KY 40291
- Please consider checking to see if your employer will match your gift!
- One addtional way you can help is by Sponsoring a Day at DSL or encouraging somene else to do so. Here is the information on what that is all about!
So, until we can celebrate again in person- let’s do everything we can to create awareness and share joy!
P.S. Don’t forget we will be hosting a Boogie Down Dance Party for everyone Monday- Friday at 11am! Watch your email and/or our Facebook page for how to join us.
We love you all,
Your DSL Team