Dear DSL Family,
First and foremost, I am hoping you and your families are safe and healthy during this tough time for our country.
As most of you are probably aware, the CDC continues to update their recommendations in regards to COVID-19. I would ask that everyone please take these advisories seriously and that if you have questions about COVID-19 to seek information from the CDC: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-nCoV/index.html
With mitigation efforts at a high level and with the recent recommendation by the Governor, DSL will cease ADA activities for at a minimum of three weeks. (through April 3) This will be a significant hit as DSL receives Medicaid payments from this activity. DSL has already started to see significant decreases in attendance recently with COVID-19 and had seen losses in the 1st quarter due to absences due to influenza.
Also, due to the CDC guidance updated on 3/15, DSL Gallop Gala is postponed. We are actively planning alternatives for later in the year. Please know the cancellation of both DSL Down with Derby Fashion Show and DSL Gallop Gala will be a significant hit to DSL fundraising capabilities this year.
We need your support.
DSL supports more than 1,000 members throughout 18 counties in Kentucky and Indiana and it takes over $1 million dollars a year to continue to the 45 plus programs and services that allow each of our amazing members to reach their full potential.
Please consider making a gift to support our Down syndrome community.
Ways to Give:
- Give online TODAY.
- Consider becoming a part of the Kindness Warrior Club and give $21 monthly.
(This option is at the bottom of our donation page.)
- Call us to donate using your credit card: 502-495-5088.
- Mail a check to: Down Syndrome of Louisville 5001 S. Hurstbourne Pkwy. Louisville, KY 40291
- Please consider checking to see if your employer will match your gift!
- One addtional way you can help is by Sponsoring a Day at DSL or encouraging somene else to do so. Here is the information on what that is all about!
If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to reach out directly.
Stay healthy, minimize your contacts, and wash your hands!